Warhammer 40,000: Apocrypha Files
Raziel Strain Legion
"Afriel Strain failed, but why? Because it was attempting to do something inside the warp that was abhorrent, recreate the same process, instead let us try not to recreate but simply to create!"
Faster, Stronger, Smarter and Trained to well beyond the normal limitation of humanity.
Facts of the Raziel Strain as learned by the Crew of the Century Hawke:
- There are many more Simians
- All contain a personally switch where a Highly lethal Assassin personality assumes control.
- The Dark Passengers have access to an incredible amount of knowledge and data.
- The Dark Passengers can push bodies well past what their physical capacity.
- The Adeptus Mechanicus Skatarii Legion are involved in the plot somehow.
- Psykers were used on the Project
The Afriel Strain was a shadowy experimental process which used genetic material from a number of the Imperium’s greatest heroes to, in effect, make clones of them. The legendary Macharius was among the individuals replicated in this manner. The Afriel Strain was an attempt to create the perfect soldier, though it resulted in unforeseen mishaps. For no reason that their creators could ascertain, the Afriels appeared to attract the animosity of other warriors and suffer from the most appalling bad luck. In each case when the Afriel Strain has been fielded, it has met with a period of success – for its soldiers are undoubtedly superior – followed by a rapid decline and destruction of the regiment. Nonetheless, whoever the creators of the Afriel Strain may be, they continue to experiment, fielding their “perfect soldiers” across the war zones of the Imperium. The process for the Afrield Strain was expensive and messy. The Afriel Strain trooper bordered on being blanks, though this might be the method used rather than the cloning of the genetic process itself.